Monday, November 21, 2011

rechargeable batteries

My pocket camera needs good batteries. I've bought a cheap battery recharger priced 15 grands Rupiah, but I ost my rechargeable batteries. I tried to recharge the existing batteries in the pocket cam, that was before I read that on it is written "Caution: May explode of leak if recharged"
I had recharged them for some 8 hours, the indicator lamps were on, so I thought the recharging succeeded.

That morning, I went to observe a field, in which the camera needed to record the observed activities. I was really in hurry, I put all stuff I needed fast to my bag without noticing the batteries. When I arrived at the spot, then began I noticed the cam's lack of batteries. I thought it would be okay if I use regular cheap batteries in the pocket cam. I bought two batteries for 4 grands rp. When I began recording, it displayed "Change batteries", still I insisted to to use them. I could capture some 15 minute recording, until I closed and it stopped to be able recording, shi*!

Knowing I couldn't continue the recording, I began to think to manual observing with pen and paper. Until it finished in an approximately an hour.

I left the field and before going home, I planned to find an electronic shop, where I could buy the rechargable batteries. I estimated the price around 25 grands rp. I ventured the road of the Big city near mine but I couldn't find any kind of that shop, though I tried hard looking around in the traffic with my slow ridden motorbike. After a half and an hour searching I came home in vain. I found the bike's back tire flat. I went to tubeless and paid ten grands rp.

I spent that afternoon sleeping until dusk came. I went again in search of the damned rechargable batteries. I thought in self-taking supermarket outskirt the town I would find any of it. I went there and found none. I kept going to a big electronoc shop, which retails eletric devices such as TV, fans, washing machines, and other stuffs. The man behind desk said they don't have it. I reminded of an electronic store on the one was big street in my town, ahead of a big dept. store, so I got there soon.

I needed some effort to park my little vehicle in the tiny spot available in front of a car on the store's parking lot. On the store, there were some army clothed men and the seller were busy minding them. The army guys were from a far province  from mine of the Indon country. Their badges were "Bukit Barisan" goddamn they must be in some sort of training here. They bought lamps and other electronic stuff, likely to be used in their new barrack here.

I asked for the rechargable batteries, it was priced 65 grands rp, it was branded Sany*. Holy shit it outnumbered my budget. I went off the store to another supermarket near my district. I found another type of rechargable batteries that was priced 57 grands rp. I bought some drugs instead of the batteries. Drugs that prevent me from cold and fever. I paid parking fee again, for twice in this in vain journey.

Reaching home, i received a text from a friend of mine asking me to join him doing some project that night not far from my region. I got there and got lost and it resolved after asking some pedestrians and a stall owner. I had a chat with an arrogant security in a fancy housing complex before my friend came picking me up. We did the project, and since it was over midnight I decided spending the night there.

The following morning I went home found no one home. They have already gone to their routinities, yet I still had so much thing to do. I plan to buy some batteries priced ten grands for the sake of
my project of field recording. Hoping all of it will come out fine, smooth, successfully great. AMEN

___________________________________________________11/17/2011 10:02

No comments:

Post a Comment

komentari dengan santun dan hati